Listen free for 30 days
- Rediscover Your Mind-Body Connection, Stop Feeling Stuck and Improve Your Mental Health Through Simple Movement Practices
- Narrated by: Erica Hornthal
- Length: 6 hrs and 58 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £16.09
We are sorry. We are not allowed to sell this product with the selected payment method
When we talk about movement, most of us think "exercise." But the way we move our bodies—how we walk, roll, dance, stretch, connect, and take up space—is about so much more than physical fitness. Our movements impact our mental and emotional health . . . and when we change the way we move, we can change the way we live.
Licensed clinical professional counselor and board-certified dance and movement therapist Erica Hornthal—aka "The Therapist Who Moves You"—takes listeners on a step-by-step journey, showing how a mindful movement practice can:
- Help ease symptoms of depression
- Build a greater sense of connection and intimacy with loved ones
- Slow down thoughts to lessen anxiety and panic
- Impact how—and what—we feel
Listeners will learn to identify where they physically hold their emotions; understand and interpret their body's unique language; explore bodily sensations; identify emotional blockages; and upgrade harmful thought cycles to patterns that instead foster resilience, emotional regulation, and productivity. Hornthal's guide is inclusive, non-prescriptive, and helps us each discover the kind of movement that works best for us.