Listen free for 30 days
The Courage to Love the World
- Narrated by: Pema Chödrön
- Length: 4 hrs and 41 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £13.49
Pain, loss, shame, sadness - suffering is an unavoidable part of being human. The practice of tonglen offers us a way to transform our relationship with suffering - our own and that which is all around us. In The Courage to Love the World, beloved teacher Pema Chödrön shares insightful and heartfelt stories about tonglen, along with direct instruction and guided practice. Recorded on retreat with an intimate group of students, this four-part series presents:
- Pema’s step-by-step guidance in the formal practice of tonglen
- The importance of becoming a “Modern-Day Bodhisattva” - awaken your heart and be of benefit to beings
- The practice of “compassionate abiding” in everyday life
- Q&A with retreat participants addressing the most common questions that arise with practice
- Tonglen as a practical skill for survival in today’s world
“The practice of tonglen is one of bravery,” teaches Pema. “It takes courage to develop a new relationship with suffering.” Now, each of us can immerse ourselves in this ancient Tibetan practice for cultivating kindness and compassion under the guidance of one of our most beloved teachers.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying reference material will be available in your Library section along with the audio.
What listeners say about The Courage to Love the WorldAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
I found this recording very helpful in times like these. Pema's voice is round and full and easy on the ears.
1 person found this helpful
- Kindle Customer
Does Tonglen for Palestinians. Includes
a doctor whose entire family,
the US Israel military bombed killed.
Is good healing practice.