Listen free for 30 days
Return on Ambition
- A Radical Approach to Your Achievement, Growth, and Well-Being
- Narrated by: Adam Barr
- Length: 8 hrs and 26 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £12.89
"How do you become highly successful - while living a fulfilling life and growing as a person?
Most ambitious people struggle in at least one of these areas, yet they feel they don’t have the tools to improve their situation. Return on Ambition is the culmination of an ambitious effort to harness insights from recent research in psychology and neuroscience to help people pursue their ambitions more fruitfully. The result is a radical and holistic approach to achievement, growth, and well-being that includes:
- The Return on Ambition Self-Assessment: instructive, clear measures of how well you are currently doing in getting the return you aspire to
- The Trinity of Achievement, Growth, and Well-Being: research and wisdom that show that compromises in any of these three elements will cause declines in the others over time
- The Seven Frenemies: descriptions of personal attributes that are your core strengths as an ambitious person, but that can also be the biggest obstacles to your success and fulfillment in life
- The Return on Ambition Toolbox: Four tools that will help you articulate and pursue your ambition, expand your self-awareness, and help you learn consciously
- Four Self-Coaching Sessions: instructions for 30-60-minute contemplations inspired by thought-provoking questions
Nielsen and Tillisch have tried-and-tested experience inside the world of grand ambitions. This means that listeners will find not only concepts brought to life with rich interviews and stories but also two authors who inherently understand their audience.
Nicolai Chen Nielsen is an associate partner at McKinsey & Company, where he advises clients on leadership development, culture change, and agile transformations. He is the co-author of Leadership at Scale and has published several articles on personal development. He is currently based in New York with his wife, Samira, and their two dogs, Napoleon and Caesar.
Nicolai Tillisch works with Cultivating Leadership, the global coaching firm, and is a co-founder of Deliberate Development, the venture behind the StepUpYourDay software solution. He has been a consultant with McKinsey & Company and was an executive with DDB Worldwide, Hutchison, and Nokia Siemens Networks. Nicolai lives with his wife Ida and their children, Margaux and Axel, in Denmark.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.
What listeners say about Return on AmbitionAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
Not what you expect
I thought this book about how to create ambition. This book assumes that you already have great portion of ambition and then discuss elements of ambitions that can be negative and then talk about breading the negative. There is no focus on the positive of ambition except in a general sense.
Then the book gives some tips to self manage yourself better that are okay. This can be useful.
This was not an easy read I pressed the X 1.4 speed to get over with it.
I really was looking forward to a book that create super ambition and makes you even great ambition person, this was not it, it do let me know that I am burned out from my ambition and I should take care of myself better.
It gives you 7 blocks of ambition that can help you construct more ambitious thinking, but it don’t discuss it.
- Anonymous User
If you had to only read/listen to one book this year, it should be this book!
No matter the career path you choose, this book will help you understand how to get a higher return on your ambitions.