Listen free for 30 days
- The Communication Secrets to Get From Good to Great
- Narrated by: Carmine Gallo
- Length: 8 hrs and 43 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £9.99
How to get to master the art of persuasion — from the best-selling author of Talk Like Ted.
Ideas don’t sell themselves. As the forces of globalisation, automation and artificial intelligence combine to disrupt every field, having a good idea isn’t good enough. Mastering the ancient art of persuasion is the key to standing out, getting ahead and achieving greatness in the modern world. Communication is no longer a 'soft' skill—it is the human edge that will make you unstoppable, irresistible, and irreplaceable—earning you that perfect rating, that fifth star.
In Five Stars, you will learn:
- The one skill billionaire Warren Buffett says will raise your value by 50 per cent.
- Why your job might fall into a category where 75 per cent or more of your income relies on your ability to sell your idea.
- How Airbnb’s founders follow a classic three-part formula shared by successful Hollywood movies.
- Why you should speak in third-grade language to persuade adult listeners.
- The one brain hack Steve Jobs, Leonardo da Vinci, and Picasso used to unlock their best ideas.
In Five Stars, Carmine Gallo, best-selling author of Talk Like TED, breaks down how to apply Aristotle’s formula of persuasion to inspire contemporary audiences. As the nature of work changes, and technology carries things across the globe in a moment, communication skills become more valuable—not less. Gallo interviews neuroscientists, economists, historians, billionaires, and business leaders of companies like Google, Nike, and Airbnb to show first-hand how they use their words to captivate your imagination and ignite your dreams.
In the knowledge age—the information economy—you are only as valuable as your ideas. Five Stars is a book to help you bridge the gap between mediocrity and exceptionality, and gain your competitive edge in the age of automation.
'An easy-to-read and practical journey through personal development, plus tips on structuring the storytelling that is still considered key to connecting with other people and, crucially, with customers and investors in business.'
Financial Times (Business Book of the Month)