Listen free for 30 days
Civil War Stories
- A 150th Anniversary Collection
- Narrated by: Kevin Pariseau
- Length: 15 hrs and 19 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £28.99
Stories from - and about - a nation divided. At The Washington Post, the Civil War has held an enduring fascination for both readers and writers. Raging from 1861-1865, the Battle Between the States has left a lasting imprint on the United States' collective psyche for 150 years. Civil War Stories: A 150th Anniversary Collection aggregates historical data with contemporary reflections, as journalists and historians put the bloody war into context:
- A timeline of Lincoln's candidacy and what may have happened if he had lost the election
- An ode to West Virginia, which abandoned Virginia rather than secede from the Union
- The obstacles faced by emancipated slaves
- Women in the federal workforce and disguised as men on the battlefields
- The modern anti-slavery crusade of Frederick Douglass' great-great-great-grandson
Personal stories of tragedy and triumph still resonate today. From biographical histories to examinations of the war's legacies, Civil War Stories: A 150th Anniversary Collection is a unique compilation of stories of when our nation was divided.
What listeners say about Civil War StoriesAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Daniel N. Hill
This compilation makes sense of many aspects of the civil war that have been shorted in explanation that now makes sense., the true filling in of facts the democrats of the era left out or even falsified numerically make sense. Highly recommended