Listen free for 30 days
Weather for Dummies (2nd Edition)
- Narrated by: Jonathan Yen
- Length: 14 hrs and 41 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £19.29
Look up! When you look to the sky, do you wonder why the sun is so bright or why the clouds are white or why the sky is blue? Then Weather for Dummies is your resource to fuel your curiosity about the weather. It takes you on an exciting journey through the Earth's atmosphere and the ways it behaves. You'll get an overview of rain, sun, clouds, storms, and other phenomena.
The scientific words and phrases are explained in detail (what is barometric pressure?), your curious questions are answered (why do we have seasons?), and the roots of weather myths, proverbs, and sayings are revealed ("early thunder, early spring").
- Discover how weather forecasts are made and what constitutes a weather emergency
- Find out what causes change in weather, such as how air pressure drives winds
- Learn how climate change is affecting today's weather
- Discover how light plays tricks on our eyes to create effects like rainbows, sun dogs, and halos
Perfect for any weather amateur, you can have your head in the clouds while your feet are on the ground. Next time you're outside, take Weather for Dummies and discover something new about the environment you live in.
What listeners say about Weather for Dummies (2nd Edition)Average customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
good bit missing accompanying PDF for diagrams
it's good, and explains the weather
however the author keeps reading 'see figure y etc' and audible users have nothing to look at so not getting the full benefit of the book