Listen free for 30 days
- Startup Fundraising Advice from Top Global Investors
- Narrated by: Ward Paxton
- Length: 10 hrs and 18 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £18.99
Venture Adventure captures startup fundraising advice, tips, and recommendations of more than 50 top global investors. Collectively, these venture capitalists represent the who's who of this domain worldwide, across a wide range of sectors, geographies, and company stages. They have seen it all and know exactly what it takes to effectively raise capital against the backdrop of very dynamic and competitive global markets. After all, these VCs are betting with their own firms' capital on the right entrepreneurs, companies, technologies, and trends in the order of hundreds of billions of dollars of assets under management.
Venture Adventure provides a practical guide for every startup founder and founding team on how best to navigate the vast and complex world of venture capital. It covers everything from determining the right fundraising strategy, to optimizing the positioning and narrative for your company, approaching and engaging investors, effectively pitching and negotiating, selecting the right investors, building and managing boards, and much more.
If you're looking to scale your business to the next level, you can't afford not to put your best foot forward and play the VC game intelligently and confidently. The stakes couldn't be any higher, so you must get it right. Venture Adventure will help you do precisely just that.
Some of the topics covered include:
• Weighing the pros and cons of VCs, CVCs, strategics, and family offices
• Tricks of the trade to increase your chances of getting investors' attention fast
• Common mistakes founders make in their pitch decks and how to avoid them
• Delivering a killer pitch that presents your business in the best possible light
• Handling investors' concerns and objections like a pro
• Dos and don'ts of investor negotiations
• Selecting the right investor partners for your business
• Best practices for assembling and managing your board
"Venture Adventure provides a wide array of bite-sized and practical advice, tips, and lessons from dozens of investors from around the world and is a resource for every entrepreneur raising capital. It's an exciting addition to advancing the field of knowledge around venture capital and financing." (Brad Feld, co-founder of Foundry Group and Techstars and author of Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist)
"With plenty of practical advice from established venture capitalists, Venture Adventure is a powerful guide for ambitious entrepreneurs early in their careers." (Strauss Zelnick, CEO and managing partner of ZMC and chairman and CEO of Take-Two Interactive)