Listen free for 30 days
Why We Sleep and Dream
- Powerful Secrets of Better Health
- Narrated by: Adrienne White
- Length: 3 hrs and 27 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £13.79
If you want to know more about sleep, its mystery, why we sleep, and how it is as important for our survival and health as air, food, and water, then this audiobook Why We Sleep and Dream: Powerful Secrets of Better Health is a must-listen!
Sleep is a mystery and there are many theories as to what sleep is and why we sleep. It’s almost mystical how sleep creeps up on you. You wake up and begin your busy day, performing the daily tasks that you carry out each day: traveling to work or school, catching the train or bus to a second job, getting the kids to after-school activities, cooking dinner, sitting and listening the latest news, etc. You regroup after the day, and suddenly, you get the usual feeling of drowsiness that is the first indication that you’re getting sleepy and bedtime is not far behind.
What many people don’t realize is that the sleep you get each night, while it works to make you feel refreshed and revitalized to meet the world the next day, is really a busy time for your brain, your body, and all the hormones and cells to do their job so that you awaken not just ready to rock and start another busy day, but it’s also a healthier you that you’ll see when you look in the mirror the next morning.
This audiobook will give you the information you need to understand how important sleep is for you, your family, and everyone around you. It will also break down what happens when you are sleep-deprived and how it can negatively affect you physically and psychologically, not to mention how diseases can develop or be exacerbated without getting the appropriate sleep.
Sleep is an important element of life that needs to be given more attention and not be taken for granted. There is much more information about the effects of sleep:
- What sleep is and the reasons why we sleep
- What things affect our sleep negatively and what you can do to combat sleep deprivation
- A special note to parents of newborns - how they can get some sleep and still be attentive parents to their newest member of the family
- What the benefits of a good night’s sleep are and how it affects our health in a very positive way
- Are you sleeping the right number of hours for your age? How about children and adolescents - how much sleep should they be getting?
- How the lack of sleep is detrimental to your body, and how much you lose if your lack of sleep is chronic
- How the lack of sleep can create emotional issues and how sleep disorders can also cause sleep deprivation
- What dreams are and why we dream and the theories that scientists and researchers admit don’t tell the whole story and more....
More from the same
What listeners say about Why We Sleep and DreamAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
The reader’s voice inflections are aggravating. It has a sing song high pitch that makes it sound like a children’s book. I will read the text instead of listening. This book needs a different narrator. I think the book has many good things to say. It just needs to be said differently.
Something went wrong. Please try again in a few minutes.
You voted on this review!
You reported this review!
2 people found this helpful