Listen free for 30 days
Why Managing Sucks and How to Fix It
- A Results-Only Guide to Taking Control of Work, Not People
- Narrated by: Kim McKean
- Length: 7 hrs and 22 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £18.29
Change the way you think about work (and life) by focusing on results - and only results
Why Managing Sucks and How to Fix It shows how the Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE) mindset can make you or your organization more entrepreneurial, more connected with the broader trends in your industry, and more willing to take smart risks. It explains how to set clear expectations and focus on the endpoint as opposed to managing the process that gets you there. With eyes set on getting rid of distractions, long meetings, and unnecessary updates, this book offers quick, everyday strategies to experience huge increases in productivity (without adding resources) and dramatic drops in turnover.
Authors Ressler and Thompson began their work together at Best Buy where they are credited with revolutionizing the workplace
- Reframes thinking away from counting on general availability (Where's Bob?) to creating clear expectations (Does Bob know exactly what's expected of him?)
- Explains how to reduce the number of meetings while increasing their quality
- Shows how to eliminate scheduled events in order to increase critical thinking and improve communication
ROWE is a bold, cultural transformation that permeates the attitudes and operating style of an entire workplace, leveling the playing field and giving people complete autonomy - to manage their measurable results using adult common sense.