Listen free for 30 days
The Complete Guide to Cairn Terriers
- Finding, Raising, Training, Socializing, Exercising, Feeding, and Loving Your New Cairn Terrier Puppy
- Narrated by: Ashley R Warren
- Length: 5 hrs and 37 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £18.29
Author Vanessa Richie used interviews with six top Cairn Terrier breeders to create the perfect guidebook for any new Cairn Terrier owner.
This complete resource offers an in-depth look at what it'd truly like to live with a Cairn Terrier, covering topics such as:
- Selecting the right Cairn from a breeder or rescue
- The unique Cairn traits that every new owner should prepare for
- "Cairn-proofing" your house and yard
- Preparing your family and other pets for a Cairn
- Beginning training strategies
- Cairn-specific nutritional needs and health care
- Exercise strategies for keeping your Cairn happy and healthy
- Health care and Cairn-specific disease prevention
The Cairn Terrier is an intelligent, tenacious, headstrong, and happy dog that can become an integral part of the family. Made famous by Toto in the movie The Wizard of Oz, this dog can be quite a handful, but they will always be small enough to fit in your lap once they are done romping.
Their cheerful disposition, lack of fear, and active personality come from centuries of working in Scotland, where they worked to chase small animals, most notably foxes. This means they require a firm, consistent approach to training and applying the rules.
This book is designed to help you know what to expect when you adopt a Cairn Terrier. To bring out that adorable personality from the movie, you need to establish a schedule and stick to it. This book will help you make sure that you are prepared for the large personality that comes in such a small package. It will also help you care for your little companion to live a long, healthy life. With an average lifespan between 12 and 15 years, you have a lot of time to make a lot of great memories with your little Cairn Terrier.