Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £23.79
This collection of sixteen stories contains a mixture of stories about ghosts and contacts from spirits, some by celebrated authors, together with essays on psychical research.
As Joseph French notes in the preface, even for the skeptic, tales of ghostly activity retain a distinct fascination. The widespread interest in psychic phenomena in the early twentieth century proved to be a significant stimulus to literary production.
1) “When the World was Young” by Jack London
2) “The Return” by Algernon Blackwood
3) “The Second Generation” by Algernon Blackwood
4) “The Clavecin-Bruges” by George Wharton Edwards
5) “Ligeia” by Edgar Allan Poe
6) “The Sylph and the Father” by Elsa Barker
7) “A Ghost” by Lafcadio Hearn
8) “The Eyes of the Panther” by Ambrose Bierce
9) “Photographing Invisible Beings” by William T. Stead
10) “Ghosts in Solid Form” by Gambier Bolton
11) “The Phantom Armies seen in France” by Hereward Carrington
12) “The Portal of the Unknown” by Andrew Jackson Davis
13) “The Supernormal: Experiences” by St John D. Seymour
14) “Nature-spirits, or Elementals” by Nizida
15) “A Witch’s Den” by Helena Blavatsky
16) “Some Remarkable Experiences of Famous Persons” by Walter F. Prince
What listeners love about The Best Psychic StoriesAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- Nota Ringer
Burlinson is decent. Gooding annoying. Soakes bland. Only several of the stories were interesting London, Blackwood, Bierce. The Sin-Eaters appears to be missing