Listen free for 30 days
- Legends and Myths From Wales
- Narrated by: Graham Watkins
- Length: 1 hr and 51 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £6.59
Wales is a land filled with mythology. Every breathtaking valley, towering mountain, shimmering lake, and magical castle has a mythical tale to entertain and enchant you. The Welsh, like other Celtic races, love to tell stories. From before the time of the Mabinogion and the Black Book of Carmarthen, they have passed dark winter nights telling Welsh fables, fairy tales and legends. Discover....
- The Mermaid of Camaes Head and how she saved a fisherman's life.
- Why Twm Shon Cati, who some called The Welsh Robin Hood, was the scourge of Llandovery.
- A smuggler's secret at Culver Hole where the King's Revenue Men feared to go.
- Discover the Treasure of Craig-y-Ddinas, a story of one man's profit and greed.
These are just some of the Welsh Legends and Myths you will find, but there's more....
- Learn why there's a Sleeping Prince beneath the ramparts of Carreg Cennen Castle waiting for the clarion call to arms.
- Why the men who called themselves Daughters of Rebecca burned gates and challenged evil profiteers.
- The fate of Nest, the Temptress of Cilgerran and how she tricked her husband.
- Why the Lady of Llyn y Fan left her husband and walked into a lake, never to see him again.
- How The Wreckers of Cefn Sidan murdered a French Emperor's niece.
- Why William Paxton, a wealthy Scotsman, built a strange folly to spite the people of Carmarthenshire.
- And why Sir Owain's Lake sits on the top of a mountain.
The folklore of Wales and its history are interwoven with myths and legends that cross the centuries. Some are based on factual events, others have mythical roots, but all are entertaining.
Download the audiobook today and delight in these magical Welsh legends.