Listen free for 30 days
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Listen with a free trial
Buy Now for £18.29
Ten classic short stories offering a feminine perspective on marriage written from 1891 to 1917 from such classic authors as Edith Wharton, O. Henry, Kate Chopin, Mark Twain, and others. These works present an early and poignant perspective on the institution of marriage, its role in society, and the personal beauty and pain that can be found within its bonds.
The collection includes:
- Eve's Diary by Mark Twain
- Poor, Dear Margaret Kirby by Kathleen Norris
- A New England Nun by Mary E. Wilkins Freeman
- The Story of an Hour by Kate Chopin
- A Jury of Her Peers by Susan Glaspell
- The Other Two by Edith Wharton
- A Lady of Yesterday by Elia W. Peattie
- The Last Leaf by O. Henry
- Akin to Love by Lucy Maude Montgomery
- Death and the Woman by Gertrude Atherton
The collections are narrated by Christine Mascott.