Listen free for 30 days
- Challenging High Potential Managers to Become Great Leaders
- Narrated by: Oliver Wyman
- Length: 9 hrs and 54 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £18.29
Conversation techniques and tools that can help strong managers become great leaders
Often the very same skills and traits that enable rising stars to achieve success "tenacity, aggressiveness, self-confidence" become liabilities when promoted into a leadership track. While managers' conversations are generally transactional and centered on the task at hand, leaders must focus on people, asking great questions and aligning them with the vision for the future. Leadership mindsets and skills can be developed, and Leadership Conversations provides practical guidance for connecting with others in ways that transform each interaction into an opportunity for organizational and personal growth.
- Identifies four types of conversation every leader must master: building relationships, making decisions, taking action, and developing others
- Provides an action plan for boosting your personal leadership potential, as well for developing leadership skills in others
- Draws on the authors' rich experience coaching and working with leaders at a wide range of organizations, including NASA, the US Navy, intelligence agencies, Boeing, Gillette, Bausch & Lomb, and Georgetown University
Leadership Conversations is required listening for both high-potential managers looking to make it to the next level and leaders looking to develop their people.