Listen free for 30 days
Inception and Philosophy
- Because It's Never Just a Dream
- Narrated by: Charles Carroll, Ray Chase, Paul Heitsch, Christine Williams
- Length: 11 hrs and 37 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £22.29
We are sorry. We are not allowed to sell this product with the selected payment method
A philosophical look at the movie Inception and its brilliant metaphysical puzzles.
Is the top still spinning? Was it all a dream? In the world of Christopher Nolan's four-time Academy Award-winning movie, people can share one another's dreams and alter their beliefs and thoughts. Inception is a metaphysical heist film that raises more questions than it answers: Can we know what is real? Can you be held morally responsible for what you do in dreams? What is the nature of dreams, and what do they tell us about the boundaries of "self" and "other"? From Plato to Aristotle and from Descartes to Hume, Inception and Philosophy draws from important philosophical minds to shed new light on the movie's captivating themes, including the one that everyone talks about: did the top fall down (and does it even matter)?
- Explores the movie's key questions and themes, including how we can tell if we're dreaming or awake, how to make sense of a paradox, and whether or not inception is possible
- Gives new insights into the nature of free will, time, dreams, and the unconscious mind
- Discusses different interpretations of the film, and whether or not philosophy can help shed light on which is the "right one"
- Deepens your understanding of the movie's multi-layered plot and dream-infiltrating characters, including Dom Cobb, Arthur, Mal, Ariadne, Eames, Saito, and Yusuf
An essential companion for every dedicated Inception fan, this book will enrich your experience of the Inception universe and its complex dreamscape.
PLEASE NOTE: When you purchase this title, the accompanying PDF will be available in your Audible Library along with the audio.