Listen free for 30 days
- Why Long-Term Thinking Is Your Best Short-Term Strategy
- Narrated by: Daniel Thomas May
- Length: 3 hrs and 40 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £16.09
In Go Long, authors Dennis Carey, Brian Dumaine, Michael Useem, and Rodney Zemmel take you behind the scenes to witness the business decisions that are enabling leading organizations to outsmart and outlast the competition.
- Why did CEO Larry Merlo allow CVS to take a two-billion-dollar hit - on purpose?
- How did CEO Alan Mulally maneuver Ford's $48-billion turnaround?
- How did director Maggie Wilderotter and her fellow board members engage top management to embark on an unusual exercise to help Hewlett Packard Enterprise build a long-term strategy?
- Why did CEO Paul Polman's turn back to Unilever's original mission of leading with a purpose to fuel profits?
- How did CEO Ivan Seidenberg convince his investors and board to allow him to make a $150-billion bet?
- How did CEO George Buckley find a way to address investor calls for 3M to spend less on research and development while still finding a way to innovate?
These leaders argue that a short-term mind-set might satisfy investors for this quarter or next, but there's a heavy price to be paid. Instead, they argue, long-term thinking is your best short-term strategy.
What listeners say about Go LongAverage customer ratings
Reviews - Please select the tabs below to change the source of reviews.
- John A.
A wonderful book
A great book that I found to be developmental and maturative for a young man coming of age such as myself. I found this book to be worthwhile and generally intelligent. I found great relation with the author and I further highly recommend this book.
- Anonymous User
Full of Business Insights
This book is filled with stories, lessons, evidences, and recommendations to support long-term thinking, leadership, and management in the business world.
A must-read for every business leader - both young and bold old.