Listen free for 30 days
The Jewish War
- History of Judaism
- Narrated by: Jason Zenobia
- Length: 3 hrs and 28 mins
Add to basket failed.
Add to wishlist failed.
Remove from wishlist failed.
Adding to library failed
Follow podcast failed
Unfollow podcast failed
Buy Now for £13.79
Learn about the Jewish revolts against the overwhelming domination of ancient Rome.
The Romans, through sheer military strength, turned Judea into a client state. They forced the Jews to submit to Roman law, Roman taxation, and to countenance Roman religion. The Jews of Judea exhibited unbelievable strength in resisting assimilation into Roman Hellenistic culture. Their history of dealing with foreign overlords inspired the Jews to hold out and revolt against the Romans.
Are you curious to learn more? Or are you interested in learning about the Roman siege of Jerusalem? Perhaps you are intrigued about Josephus, the man from whom we get most of our information about the Jewish War? We cover all of this and more.
In this audiobook, you will learn about the following:
- What the Maccabee family accomplished, and how they set an example for future leaders of Jewish revolts against foreign powers.
- How Josephus turned from a patriotic Jew to a supporter of the Roman cause, and how he avoided suicide by luck (or excelling in mathematics).
- What Jerusalem was like in the midst of the Roman siege
- How the Romans succeeded by utilizing clever engineering in breaching the walls of Jerusalem.
- The fate of the Second Temple and its treasures.
- The final gasps of Jewish resistance to Roman rule.
And so much more!
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn about the valiant struggle of the Jews to free themselves from Roman domination.